There is nothing as nutritious, healthy and delicious as this Air Fried Chicken with Lemon and zaatar. Indeed, this Air fryer chicken is cooked to perfection in the Air Fryer; it is juicy and seasoned with fresh lemon and aromatic herbs that you will love.
Air Fryer Chicken with lemon and Zaatar
- Air Fryer
- 2 1/2 Pounds; whole chicken
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of za'atar
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of chilli flakes
- 1½ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- Start by mixing the olive oil with the lemon juice and the zest, the garlic and the spices together very well
- Transfer about one third of the overall mixture to a separate bowl
- Gently brush the very well seasoned oil on top of the chicken, making sure to cover your chicken very well with the mixture
- Preheat your air fryer to a temperature of about 160ºC/320ºF.
- Put the chicken with the breast-side down, in the basket of your Air Fryer and cook for about 20 minutes
- Flip your chicken over, then brush it with the reserved marinade and cook for about 10 to 20 additional minutes at a temperature of about 180ºC/350ºF.
- Raise the temperature up to about 200°C/390°F and cook for about 5 to 10 additional minutes or until your chicken becomes golden brown and crispy
- Check with a meat thermometer; then remove the chicken from the Air Fryer and let cool for 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
Calories: 210kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 18gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment