Try this Maqlouba (Maklouba) in the Middle Eastern style a dish that will impress your family and their satisfaction. It is better not to remove the eggplant skin because the peel is rich in fiber and vitamins.
Eggplant maqluba has a special taste and health benefits because it contains more than one type of vegetables? Here is one of the best Maqluba recipes that you will benefit from
- 2 eggplant cut into slices.
- 2 lbs of meat of your choice whether beef or chicken or beef cut into small cubes.
- Sliced potato.
- 2 cups of rice.
- Chopped large onion.
- 1 medium sliced onion.
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric.
- Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Half a teaspoon of ground cardamom or what is known as cardamom.
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Pine and almonds for garnish.
- Wash the eggplant well, then cut it into equal slices, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Put a pot on the heat and add a little oil, then add the pieces of meat while constantly stirring.
- Add the chopped onion to the meat and continue to stir it until it softens.
- Add the turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, salt and pepper to the meat.
- Put an appropriate amount of water in the pot, reduce the heat and leave the mixture until the meat is cooked.
- Take a frying pan, put a lot of oil in it to fry the eggplant, and after you finish frying it, put it on kitchen paper.
- In the same skillet, put the potato slices with a little sautéing until they are half fried, then remove them from the heat and drain them from the oil very well.
- Put the chopped onion slices in the same pan and fry them until they turn golden, then remove from the heat and drain from the oil.
- Soak the washed rice very well in water for 10 minutes, then drain it from the water.
- Bring a saucepan and put a little oil in it, then start placing the eggplant slices in an orderly manner, and place the potato slices on top of them.
- Add the fried onion slices to the potatoes, then place the pieces of meat and then another layer of eggplant on top of the meat.
- Add rice on top of the last layer so that it covers all previous layers.
- Add the meat broth in an appropriate amount, gradually, so as not to affect the upside-down layers.
- Place the inverted ones over a medium heat, watching them supply the water until they are tender.
- Take a serving tray and turn it upside down carefully, then decorate it with almonds and pine nuts after toasting it
- Serve and enjoy your Maqluba
Calories: 394.6kcalCarbohydrates: 33.5gProtein: 31.6gFat: 15.6gSodium: 193.6mgPotassium: 523.3mgFiber: 6.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment