Have you ever looked for a quick recipe that can make you full and that will provide you with all the nutrients you need at the same time? How about trying Moussaka, but this time the vegetarian style of this recipe.
Moussaka is a traditional Middle Eastern and Greek recipe. It is cooked in a vegetarian way or with ground meat - with or without bechamel. Here is one of its recipes with melted cheese.
- 1 kg tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 eggplants
- 2 cups of olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- Raisins optional
- 1 cup of thyme and some for garnish
- 300 g of Frico Edam cheese
- Peel and chop the tomatoes, then mix in a blender with the juice.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the chopped onions and garlic until their color changes.
- Add in the tomato sauce, tomato juice, water, and bay leaves. And when boiling, reduce the heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the raisins at the end and the thyme
- Heat the corn oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the eggplant slices on both sides and drain on kitchen paper.
- Season with salt and pepper; then preheat your oven and in a pyrex bowl, arrange slices of eggplant, then add half of the tomato sauce
- Add a layer of cheese slices, then a layer of eggplant.
- Add in the rest of the tomato sauce and add more Edam cheese slices.
- Sprinkle some thyme for garnish
- Bake the moussaka in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese melts
- Serve and enjoy hot with bread!
Sodium: 710mgSugar: 1.9gFiber: 6.1gPotassium: 690mgCalories: 174.8kcalSaturated Fat: 2.8gFat: 5.8gProtein: 12.5gCarbohydrates: 5.9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!