We all love Halkoum, which is one of the types of sweets that Turkey is popular for. Turkish Halkoum is distinguished by its delicious and distinctive taste.
Turkish Halkoum Delight
You can make easily chew and swallow halkoum, and you can serve it for your children without worrying about it, as it melts quickly in the mouth. I am offering you one of the easiest ways to prepare Halkoum with some affordable ingredients.
- 500 g sugar
- 150 g of corn starch
- 100 g nuts
- ½ liter of water
- 2 tablespoons of rose water or vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped pistachios
- Dissolve the sugar in the water
- Add the lemon to the water and place in a saucepan over a medium high heat, make sure to stir constantly
- When the water starts to thicken; dissolve the corn starch in a little cold water and pour it into the sugar and continue stirring for an hour.
- When the mixture starts to harden and does not stick to the spoon, add in the blossom water and the nuts while constantly stirring.
- When the mixture becomes homogeneous
- Pour the Turkish Halkoum delight in a dish sprinkled with powdered sugar
- Spread the sugar over the surface of the halkoum
- Once cool enough, cut the halkooum into small squares
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Turkish Delight!
Sugar: 9gCalories: 40kcalCarbohydrates: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!