Calamar is one of the delicious types of seafood, which is a food source rich in vitamins and minerals. Calamar is prepared in many ways according to the recipe. Examples of kalamar recipes are calamari stuffed with rice or bulgur, fried calamari, calamari with lemon and garlic, grilled calamari, and pasta with calamari. In this recipe, we will learn about some calamari recipes and how to prepare them.
The stuffed Tunisian-style stuffed Calamari with tomato sauce dish is considered as one of the best Tunisian dishes that can be served with tomato sauce and that is made usually in the holy month of Ramadan as a seafood main dish. In addition to the delicious taste of stuffed calamari, this recipe is considered a sumptuous Tunisian delicacy.
Tunisian-style stuffed calamari
Not only this recipe is nutritious, but it combines a variety of ingredients that you will absolutely love and even crave for more.
- 5 Pieces of calamari
- 2 Tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/2 Bunch of parsely, finely chopped
- 1 Onion of medium size, finely chopped
- 2 Large tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon of dried mint
- 2 Tablespoons of finely minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Harissa or Hot Ketchup
- 4 Tablespoons of rice
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Pinch of ground black pepper to taste
- Clean the calamari very well; then cut the fingers with scissors and set aside to use fpr the stuffing of the calamari
- Prepare the vegetables; sort and wash the parsley, then chop it finely
- Peel; then finely chop the onion; then peel and finely chop the tomatoes
- Preparing the stuffing; soak the rice in water and drain it very well
- Put in a bowl of drained rice and add parsley, half the amount of onions and the chopped calamri fingers
- Add a tablespoon of minced garlic, salt, black pepper, dried mint, half a tablespoon of puree and a little quantity of paprika.
- Mix all the ingredients, add a little olive oil, and then mix the ingredients again
- Fill the pockets of the calamari with the stuffing using a tablespoon
- Close the edges of the calamari pockets with the help of a toothpick
- Pour half a cup of olive oil into a saucepan and heat for about 3 minutes
- Transfer the stuffed squid to the saucepean and fry for about 5 minutes
- Add the remaining onions, the remaining garlic, salt, black pepper and sliced tomatoes, then mix the ingredients and leave them on a low heat for 5 minutes
- Mix the tomato paste with a littlequantity of water, then add the mixture to the saucepan
- Pour the water into the saucepan until we cover the calamari and let simmer for 45 minutes on medium heat
- Remove the calamari from the sauce and set it aside for about 5 minutes
- Serve the calamari slices with the sauce and enjoy its taste!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment