The recipe of the popular Tunisian Eid biscuits is a very popular dessert recipe. Tunisians will serve you this dessert if you visit any Tunisian house during the EID.
Tunisian Eid Biscuits
This recipe is prepared in most Tunisian homes. Tunisians make this dessert recipe, especially during the Eid Alfitr. This recipe expresses happiness and festivity and some people call it cake fingers.
- kg of all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 packets of confectioner's yeast
- 2 cups of oil
- 250 g sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of rose or flower water
- 1 Teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of orange peels
- Mix the sugar and eggs well until the sugar dissolves
- Add the oil, rose water, lemon juice, orange peels, confectionery yeast, and then the all-purpose flour gradually
- Knead them well until you get a cohesive and soft dough and then roll it on the table in the shape of a finger as shown in the featured picture or with the help of a mold
- Arrange the biscuits in a tray greased with oil and put it in the oven
- Bake for about 45 minutes on a medium-high heat
- Serve and enjoy your biscuits
If the dough you get is too thick, you can add a little quantity of cold milk
Calories: 293kcalCarbohydrates: 66gProtein: 2gFiber: 7gSugar: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment