What is better than a Syiniet Kofta with vegetables? This dish is a common dish in many Arab kitchens, and family members do not get bored with the exciting flavours you will enjoy in this recipe.
Syiniet Kofta with vegetables
Each recipe differs from one country to another, sometimes even from one house to another. Some women cook it with tahini and some without it, and the variations are many. And the secret of this recipe lies in its seasoning.
- 1 Pound of minced beef or lamb meat
- 3 Pieces of potatoes, cut into rinds
- 2 Pieces of tomatoes, cut into circles;
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh, finely chopped parsley
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of mixed spices (the seven spices)
- 1 Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/3 Cup of water
- Mix the minced meat with the parsley and the spices, you can add any other spices as desired
- In an oven tray, spread the spiced meat (kofta)
- Spread layers of onion, tomato and potatoes on top
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of olive oil and salt over the vegetables, then pour the water.
- Place the kofta tray over the heat for five minutes
- Trasnfer the tray to a preheated oven to a temperature of about 390°F and bake for about 30 minute
- Remove from the oven; then let cool for about 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy your delicious dish!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!