Here is a good, simple and practical Sorghum cake recipe for breakfast and afternoon snacks.
Nutritious, sorghum is rich in iron, calcium, and phosphorus. In addition, this cake is less fat than others since it can be prepared only with oil, without adding butter, and by reducing the amount of sugar (or by changing the latter to brown sugar). It's up to you to "customize" it as you wish. Here, we give you the basic recipe.
- 2 cups of Sorghum 100 g
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 packet of baking yeast
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1 cup of crushed almonds
- Mix the sorghum and flour with the packet of baking powder.
- Mix the sugar, the packet of vanilla sugar and the 4 eggs, then beat them until a whitish mixture is obtained.
- Add milk and oil to this mixture.
- Add the mixture to the sorghum and stir in the almonds.
- Put all the mixture in a buttered cake tin and garnish with walnuts on top.
- Bake in the oven at a temperature of about 340°F
- Cook for about 35 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let the cake rest for about 5 minutes before removing it
- Slice the cake; then serve and enjoy it!
Sugar: 9gFiber: 5gCalories: 330kcalSaturated Fat: 8gFat: 12gProtein: 9gCarbohydrates: 28g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!