Have you ever tasted a Middle-Eastern cheese recipe? Shaknlish is a type of cheese or aged milk.
And if you want to know what this cheese is made of, you should know that it is considered one of the most popular Syrian and Lebanese appetizers. This recipe is served cold after adding olive oil, tomatoes and onions to it. You can also serve this recipe with any main dish.
- 2 kilos of yogurt curd
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of crushed sweet green pepper
- Hot pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Boil the milk on medium heat with salt; stir once
- Strain the milk very well; then put it on clean white covers intended for cover; the cover should have holes that allows getting rid of the excess water
- Wrap them in clean paper towels, and put something heavy over them for the whole night
- Put the cheese in a bowl with hot pepper, crushed paprika, and salt for the shanklish cheese and rub them by hand to combine them and form into balls
- Put the Shanklish balls on a medium-sized flat tray; then put them in the sun
- Cover the tray with a clean cloth; and turn them over from time to time
- Leave them for about two consecutive days.
- Place the Shanklish balls in a cloth bag and seal it tightly
- Put the shanklish balls in a pressure jar; then tightly close and put it in a dark place for about two weeks or more, depending on the climate of the area
- Dip the cheese balls into olive oil, then in the wild thyme
- Put the shanklish in the sun again until it dries completely, then in a container; then place in a refigirator
- Serve and enjoy your shanklish!
Sodium: 1700mgPotassium: 300mgCalories: 272kcalFat: 20gProtein: 18gCarbohydrates: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!