Are you looking for something special to make on the table of Iftar today?
Persian Ramadan Rice with chicken
This Iranian rice recipe with chicken is one of the simplest and the best of new Ramadan dishes you can easily make at home. So, if you are thinking of what you can make for today's Iftar, you should try this delicious rice recipe with chicken.
- To season the chicken:
- 1 Whole chicken cut and cleaned
- 1 Tablespoon of BBQ sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 5 Crushed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric to taste
- Hot pepper: to taste
- 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil
- 4 cups of washed and soaked basmati rice
- 4 onions cut as wedges
- 7 cups of hot water:
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground saffron
- a chicken broth; cube
- 1 Cup of dried blackberries
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Mix the ingredients for the chicken marinade in a bowl, add the chicken, mix well and let marinate for an overnight.
- Spread the onion slices in a tray, then place the chicken with the marinade over the onions
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil, and bake in the oven for an hour on medium heat; then brown the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or saucepan
- Add in the rice and roast it with the oil, then add the hot water and the broth cube
- Let simmer on low heat; covered until the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed for about 15 minutes
- Soak saffron in hot water.
- Boil the dried berries in water for 15 minutes, then add sugar and stir until caramelized.
- Add the saffron to the rice and cover the saucepan.
- Pour the rice into a serving dish; add the fried chicken on top
- Add the berries on top.
- Serve hot with fried chicken.
Calories: 328kcalCarbohydrates: 31.6gProtein: 37.8gFat: 4.6gSaturated Fat: 1.5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 590.7mgPotassium: 698mgFiber: 1.4gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment