Each country is popular for preparing a specific meal on the first day of Eid, and among these countries, Egypt. This Oven-Baked fish Tray is very popular in Egypt.
Oven-Baked Fish Tray
Indeed, Egyptians usually cook seafood such as fish, herring, fesikh, tuna, sardines, and other types of different fish. You can make this recipe and serve it as a lunch and this recipe is high in nutrients.
- 2 Pounds of fish
- 1 large potato
- 1 large tomato
- 1 Large carrot
- 1 large onion
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1 pinch of chili pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt to taste
- 1 pinch of black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of fish seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Wash the fish very well with salt and lemon
- Rub with a little quantity of flour and then rinse with water and leave it aside until the excess water is very well drained
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into evenly thick rings
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan with water for about 6 to 7 minutes
- Peel the onion and wash it very well, then cut it into slices
- Wash the tomatoes very well, then cut them into rings
- Wash the carrots very well and then cut them into rings as well.
- Peel the garlic and chop it into small pieces.
- Cut the green pepper into circles.
- Finely chop the hot chili; then prepare a suitable oven tray
- Put half the amount of potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, green peppers, hot sauce, garlic, and onions in the tray
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper to your previous ingredients.
- Add half a teaspoon of the mixed spices and fish spices.
- Add two tablespoons of lemon juice; then lay the fish on top of the vegetables
- Sprinkle the olive oil; then put the remaining amount of the previous vegetables on top of the fish
- Dip the previous ingredients in half a cup of water, and if you need more, add gradually to it
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C; then put the fish tray in the hot oven and bake for about 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven; then set aside to cool for about 5 minutes
- Prepare the serving dishes; then put serve and enjoy your dish with a salad!
Serving: 1servingSugar: 4.6gFiber: 10.8gCalories: 629kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 1029gSaturated Fat: 2.3gFat: 28.8gProtein: 61gCarbohydrates: 36.2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!