Do you know that Musakhan is one of the most popular dishes in the Palestinian kitchen that uses naan bread or Palestinian Taboon bread?
This recipe is prepared with chicken with delicious naan bread, and onions, and what distinguishes it is the red sumac spice to give it a distinctive and good taste. So if you want to try a sumptuous Palestinian recipe, you should try this one.
- 4 lbs of finely chopped onions
- 1 Whole chicken chopped and boiled
- 3 cups of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1/2 cup of Sumac
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 3 loaves of naan bread (You can also use Taboon bread or Pita bread)
- Almonds: to taste and toasted pine nuts / for garnish
- Boil the chicken in the traditional way with (bay leaf, cardamom, cloves, onion, salt).
- Put the oil in a saucepan on the fire, then add the onion and leave it on a low heat for 20 minutes until it softens, then add the salt and the black pepper.
- Add in the chicken to the onions and leave for 5 minutes.
- Take the chicken and put it on a baking tray, add salt, black pepper and spices, and roast it in the oven for about 20 minutes
- Prepare the bread; then dip it in onion oil, and stack it in a serving dish
- Add the onions to the loaf dipped in oil, then add the sumac, then nuts, and repeat the process until the layers of bread are finished.
- Add the chicken on top of the last layer of bread and top with the nuts.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
Sodium: 286mgFiber: 3gPotassium: 508mgCalories: 382kcalFat: 20gProtein: 23gCarbohydrates: 29g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!