The Mediterranean-style Stuffed Sardines dish is considered as one of the most delicious Mediterranean and especially Tunisian dishes, in addition to the many nutritional benefits that sardine gives to the body; it is packed with iron.
Mediterranean-style Stuffed Sardines
And this recipe can make a great Ramadan appetizer that will improve providing our brain with oxygen; and nutrients.
- 1 Pound of sardines
- 1/2 Bunch of finely chopped parsley
- 1 Piece of finely chopped medium onion
- 1 Tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 Cup of tomato sauce.
- 1 Tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Cup of grated cheese
- 1 Teaspoon of finely minced garlic
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Pinch of ground black pepper
- Start by preparing the filling and to that, crack the egg in a bowl, beat very well
- Add to the egg wash the parsley, the onions, the cheese, the thyme, the black pepper, the garlic and the salt, then mix the ingredients very well and set aside
- Prepare the sardine; and to do that, clean the sardine very well, then spread it to form a leaf and remove the thorns
- Wash the sardine and put it in a colander until it dries out from the water
- Prepare the stuffed sardine and to do that; pour about half of the sauce into an oven dish
- Spread the sauce over half the amount of the sardines
- Fill with the filling mixture; then cover it with another layer of the remaining sardine, and pour the rest of the sauce over the entire surface of the sardines
- Bake for about 25 minutes at a temperature of about 350°F/180° degrees C
- Remove the baking tray out of the oven and serve hot
- You can sprinkle the stuffed sardine dish with chopped parsley and add lime slices
- Serve and enjoy your dish
Calories: 299kcalFat: 18gProtein: 11gCarbohydrates: 13g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!