If you are looking for a beneficial and luxurious recipe for kids, then Layered Maamoul with dates at home will be your best choice with its wonderful taste and a very soft texture, dates have many benefits as all mothers are looking for various ways to use it and include it in various recipes for the benefit of children.
Layered Maamoul with dates
This recipe of layers of maamoul with dates is one of the traditional oriental sweets. This kind of sweet recipes is always bought on the holidays. We offer you this delicious dish of wonderful and delicious Arabic sweets.
- 1/2 cup of butter at normal room temperature
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla liquid
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 pound of date paste
- 1 teaspoon of fine cardamom (fine / for the filling)
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon powder for the filling
- 2 tablespoons of date molasses for the top layer
- 2 tablespoons of sesame for the top layer
- Add butter and sugar to the mixing bowl. Install the paddle attachment, and run the mixer on medium speed to combine the two ingredients.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and run the mixer until the eggs disappear.
- Then, add the flour and cardamom, and run the mixer for a few minutes, until a smooth and homogeneous dough is formed.
- Put the dough on a plate, cover with a piece of nylon, and keep in the fridge for fifteen minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 360°F and prepare short edge trays.
- To prepare the filling: add the dates, cinnamon and cardamom to a deep dish, rubbing the dates with the fingertips well to mix the ingredients.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the table, and place the dough on top of it, and a second piece of butter paper. Using the rolling pin, the dough is rolled out several times until it becomes thinner.
- Spread a piece of parchment paper on the table, wipe this paper with a little oil, then place the dates on the paper, and top it with a second piece of butter paper greased with oil.
- Using the rolling pin, roll the dates out into a thin layer.
- Using a round cookie cutter (1 inch), cut the dough into circles, as well as the dates.
- Take an amount of the dough, and wipe it with the tip of the finger with a light layer of molasses.
- Then, place a piece of dates of a light layer of molasses, then a round piece of the dough on the dates, and pressure a little pressure to stick. Repeat the process until the dough and dates run out.
- Cover the surface of the maamoul with molasses, and sprinkle sesame on it.
- Arrange the Maamoul in trays, with a space between the piece and the other.
- Put the trays in the oven for eight to ten minutes, until the maamoul becomes golden
- Remove the trays from the oven, and set aside until the maamoul cools completely
- Serve and enjoy the maamoul!
Calories: 244kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 3gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gFiber: 4gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment