Each occasion has its own food, and the food differs from one country to another. Lamb Zurbiyan is an Arabic authentic recipe and its basic ingredients are rice and meat. This recipe is characterized by its use of a variety of used spices. So, we can say that the “Zurbian” is the famous food that Yemenis eat on the blessed Eid al-Adha. Zurbian is a dish made of meat and rice, to which it is added. Raisins and potatoes, and Zurbian is distinguished by its high nutritional value. Because the dish contains meat, it is possible to prepare the shrimp in several ways, such as: shrimp with vegetables, shrimp with meat, and shrimp with chicken, and here is how to prepare the shrimp with meat. This dish has been associated with feasts and this dish is also made on special occasions, like marriages.
- 2 pounds of lamb pieces with bones
- 8 cups of water
- 2 cubes of MAGGY chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 3 piece medium onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 2 pieces medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon white ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 3 pieces garlic cloves crushed
- Start by placing the lamb pieces and the water into a large pot; then bring to a boil and remove any froth when it appears.
- Add in the MAGGI Chicken Stock cubes; then cover and let simmer over a low heat for about 1½ hours
- Remove the pieces of lamb from the stock; then add the rice to about 6 cups of about 1500ml and let boil for about 10 minutes
- Drain the rice and set it aside; then heat the ghee in a large pan and add the stock, which should be around 6 cups or 1500ml, and boil it for 10 minutes or until almost cooked.
- Drain the rice and set aside.
- Heat the ghee in a large pot; then add the onions and sauté for about 5 to 7 minutes
- Add in the cooked lamb pieces to the onions and mix very well
- Mix the yogurt with the spices, the garlic, the tomato and pour the mixture over the lamb and gently stir
- Add the cooked rice over the mixture of the meat and cook all together for about 25 to 30 minutes over a medium low heat for about 25 to 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy your delicious dish with fried nuts of your choice!