Iraqi-style Chicken Kebabs are one of the best and most delicious Middle Eastern foods, that are preferred by everyone, young and old, and Iraqi cuisine is popular for preparing kebabs, which are distinguished by adding sumac to it and give it a good and unique taste. This dish makes a great entree or main course in Ramadan!
- 2 Pounds of chicken, ground
- 1/2 Pound of lamb fat
- 1 Piece of lemon, sliced
- 2 Cups of finely chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon of ground rusk
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon of paprika
- 1 Piece of charcoal
- In a bowl, put the ground chicken, the yogurt, the parsley, the salt, the black pepper, the paprika, the turmeric, the flour, and the rusk. and mix very well
- After you grate the onion, squeeze it until you get rid of the water and add it to the rest of the ingredients.
- Knead the ingredients together until they are combined and easy to shape.
- Grease an oven tray with oil and spread the dough in it and flatten its surface, then cut it lengthwise so that its shape becomes like a kebab.
- Turn the oven on to 400°F/ 200°C degrees, turn on the oven grill, and place the tray in it
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the kebabs are perfectly cooked.
- Take the tray out of the oven and warm the piece of charcoal and put it in a piece of aluminum on top of the kebabs
- Pour the cold oil over it and immediately cover the tray with aluminum and leave it for ten minutes until the kebabs have the taste of grilling on charcoal
- Remove the aluminum and place the kebabs in a serving dish with slices of lemon
- Serve and enjoy your chicken kebabs!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment