Do you like fast food and everyday recipes? Today, we are offering you this Egyptian recipe that no one in Egypt 47 years ago knew something about.
If you want to try this recipe, you can make it yourself with some affordable ingredients. And you should know that it is made of dough baked and stuffed with minced meat.
- For the filling:
- 1 Pound of Minced meat
- 2 Finely chopped onions
- 2 Finely chopped Green pepper
- 2 Grains of tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Paprika
- Ingredients for the dough:
- 2 Pounds of flour
- Warm water: as needed or warm milk
- Instant yeast; as needed
- 2 Teaspoons of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of corn oil
- Start by preparing the filling:
- Put the minced meat, chopped onion, one tomato, green pepper, spices, salt, black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a mixing bowl and mix the ingredients well.
- To prepare the dough: Put on the corn flour salt, two tablespoons of sugar, yeast, and oil
- Knead with the warm milk, and put a teaspoon of vinegar until the dough becomes firm
- Set the dough aside to rise for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours
- Divide the dough into small balls, then roll it out
- Stuff the dough balls with the minced meat inside
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your Hawawshi
Calories: 369kcalSaturated Fat: 16gFat: 31gProtein: 18gCarbohydrates: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!