Gharibeh Cookies is a traditional Arabic type of sweets created by the hands of housewives since ancient times.
This recipe is a delicious and crunchy traditional pastry that can be served with coffee. The way to prepare Graibeh is very simple.
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup clarified butter//ghee, softened
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- A handful of pistachio, without shell
- 1/8 tbsp green cardamon seeds
- 1/8 tbsp fine-grained salt
- Place butter, orange blossom water and sugar in a mixing bowl
- Whisk well until the butter mixture becomes light and creamy. Combine semolina flour, all purpose flour and ground cardamon together.
- To make the dough, stir the combined dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix them well. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Make small balls from dough and then give them a wreath shape....(The traditional shape). Place pistachios on both side of the wreath-shaped dough.
- Preheat an oven to 170 C (300)
- Arrange the cookies on a greased baking sheets leaving 1 inch difference between each cookie.
- Bake them for about 18-20 minutes until cookies started changing color and become dry to touch. Remove the cookies from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Immediately dust the cookies heavily with powdered sugar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment