Chicken and Arugula salad with goat cheese make a perfect combination, so do not hesitate to make chicken and arugula salad a satiating dish and an alternative to a fatty lunch once a week. You will not believe the amazing taste and taste of this dish and do not hesitate to add other additions to your taste to enrich the dish.
Chicken and Arugula Salad
In the fall, after the first rains, the first watercress leaves begin to appear. Apples ripen and acorns fall from the trees around the same time, so it makes sense to bundle them all together in a salad!
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil plus more for seasoning
- 1 large shallot peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 green apple tart thinly sliced and coarsely chopped
- Small arugula leaves - enough for a salad for four
- 1/4 cup of coarsely chopped roasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup of goat cheese - cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt and 1 pinch of pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the shallot slices and fry a little until your ingredients become translucent.
- Remove the shallots from the skillet and set aside.
- For the chicken:
- Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and when the oil is hot, add the chicken breast pieces.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is fully cooked through for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little salt on the chicken while it is cooking. Remove from the skillet and let cool.
- Assemble your salad: When the chicken has cooled, stir the leeks, chicken, green apple slices, arugula, toasted walnuts, and goat cheese in a serving bowl.
- Add in the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy your sal
Calories: 255kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 11gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4.5gFiber: 5gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment