Have you ever tried the Authentic Turkish Eid dessert recipe, fingers of baklava with cream? As we know, baklava, made of pastry stuffed with nuts, pistachios, and sugar syrup, is famous in many regions around the world, especially as it is one of the favorite sweets of all heavenly religions and different cultures.
If we look at the origins of the famous baklava recipe, this baklava was invented by the Turks or the Mongols, who used to roll dough sheets and stuff them. The Ottoman Empire in the sixteenth century was the ambassador of baklava for the countries that came under its control in the Middle East and Mediterranean countries. This is why we see similar recipes for baklava in countries that were once part of the Ottoman Empire. And this recipe is usually made and served in Ramadan and in Eid.
Baklava with Cream
- To prepare the cream:
- 3 cups of milk full-fat
- 1 cup of cream
- 4 Tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of Blossom water: a small spoon
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- A sprinkle of mastic ground
- 1 Pound of Baklava philo pastry
- 1 Cup of butter
- Syrup as desired to be served
- 2 Cups of pistachios: as desired
- o prepare the cream: In a saucepan over low heat, mix the milk, corn starch, sugar, and mastic.
- Stir constantly so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the saucepan and becomes thick.
- Increase the blossom water, then take it off the heat and let it cool down.
- Heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Grease an oven tray with a little ghee or butter and put a slice of dough at the bottom of it.
- Brush with ghee or butter and spread another sheet of filo pastry to get a second layer.
- Repeat the same process with half the amount of the can and spread a little butter on each sheet of dough
- Spread the cream evenly, then cover it with a filo sheet and brush it with a little butter.
- Keep a little of the cream for garnishing.
- Return the same process with the rest of the dough and brush each slice with a little butter.
- Cut the baklava tray into small rectangles.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, until golden.
- Take it out of the oven and pour the syrup directly on it.
- Top the Baklava pieces with the remaining cream and pistachio nuts.
- Serve and enjoy your Baklava!