On the occasion of Aid El Adha, and as our grandmothers and mothers did, we prepare Whole Wheat Bread for Eid for this occasion to accompany the famous lunch dish.
Whole Wheat Bread For Eid
- 1 1/2 pounds of extra fine wheat semolina
- 1 pound of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp of anise seeds
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of baker's yeast
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups of lukewarm water
- 1 cup of softened butter
- Put the semolina, flour, salt, sesame and anise seeds in the bowl of a kneader, then mix together.
- Gradually add the yeast dissolved in the water, knead, cover the dough with a clean cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Add the softened butter and knead the dough a second time, divide it into 6 equal parts.
- Form balls of dough and let them rest.
- Flatten the balls of dough and arrange them on plates, spacing them out; cover them with a clean cloth and let them ferment.
- Bake the loaves for about 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 440 °F.
- Remove from the oven; then serve and enjoy your bread!
Sugar: 4gFiber: 3gCalories: 128kcalFat: 6gProtein: 4gCarbohydrates: 12g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!