Who amongst us doesn’t love Lasagna? Today, we will offer you this Tunisian-style lasagna with minced meat.
This recipe is basically one of the most famous dishes all over the world and Tunisian enjoy doing it their way. The lasagna will melt in your mouth. And not only lasagna is delicious, but it is also high in proteins; you will adore it.
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 4 stalks of celery
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 600 g ground beef
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pinch of thyme
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 1 pinch of red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 800 g tomato purée
- 15 cl of water
- 150 g of grated cheese
- For the Béchamel sauce:
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté chopped garlic cloves and chopped onions in a little olive oil.
- Add the carrot and the chopped celery stalk, then the meat and brown everything.
- Cook until evaporated.
- Add the tomato purée, water, and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper, then simmer over low heat (one hour)
- For the BÉCHAMEL SAUCE:
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the milk.
- Stir constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper, add the cheese and mix well.
- LASAGNA ASSEMBLY:
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F
- Grease the lasagna dish. Place a thin layer of béchamel then lasagna sheets, bolognese, béchamel and Parmesan.
- Repeat the same process 3 times in a row.
- On the last layer of lasagna, cover with grated cheese.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes of cooking.
- Serve and enjoy your lasagne
Sodium: 740mgSugar: 9gFiber: 5gCalories: 350kcalSaturated Fat: 5gFat: 10gProtein: 28gCarbohydrates: 38g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!