Qatayef is one of the most popular Ramadan sweets that are served with many fillings. Here are the most delicious recipes for preparing Qatayef dough, and Qatayef with cream and nuts.
In the following recipe, we are going to learn how to make sumptuous Qatayef. Get ready to enjoy the amazing taste.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fine semolina flour
- 1/2 tbsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsps mixed nuts, crushed finely
- 1/4 tbsp green cardamom seeds
--For Filling :
- Regular white cheese unsalted
- Walnuts mixed with a little sugar, Cinnamon powder
--For Syrup :
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice,
- 2 tbsps rosewater (optional),
- 2 tbsps orange blossom water (optional).
--Syrup preparation :
- Place all the syrup ingredients in a saucepan. Stir well and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes over medium high heat until the syrup thickens to some extent.
- Now place each pancake on a baking tray and place 1-2 tablespoon of cheese and walnuts in the center.
- Fold the pancake in half and seal the edges with the help of your thumb and index finger.
- Bake in an oven at 200 C (400 F) for 5-7 minutes or fry it in oil (medium high heat for 5 minutes) or remain it as it is, in all forms it is delicious.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder on each Qtayef
- Serve qatayef with syrup.
Calories: 350kcalSaturated Fat: 6gFat: 10.9gProtein: 6gCarbohydrates: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!