Among the world’s kitchens, the Egyptian cuisine is present with its different touch, which carries with it a number of popular dishes whose taste you will not find anywhere in the world, except in Egypt. If you find a similar taste, you will not find the Egyptian atmosphere that gives everything a different taste, and among the popular dishes we offer you today this koshari recipe.
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup pasta small shells/elbow shape macaroni
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cans of tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Soak the lentils and rice separately for about 30 minutes.
- In about a liter of salted water in a pan, cook the lentils.
- Let it bring to a boil, then low the flame, simmer and cover it for about 15-20 minutes until lentils become quite tender.
- Then add rice and simmer until the rice are cooked, add water if necessary.
- In a separate pan, cook the macaroni. When properly cooked, rinse and strain them. Set them
- Add oil in the separate pan and fry garlic and onion in it, until become golden.
- To make a sauce, add tomato sauce, chili flakes, salt and pepper, vinegar and cinnamon powder in it and let it bubble for about 10-14 minutes or until thickened and become sauce like. Blitz the sauce in blender until smooth.
- Now mix together the rice, lentils and macaroni in a bowl. Place some lentil mixture and top with the prepared tomato sauce.
- Cooked chickpeas can also be added. Sprinkle some chilli flakes over it. Delicious koshari is ready to serve.