Persian Saffron Ice Cream is an Iranian traditional type of ice cream that is generally made with saffron, rose water and pistachios. You will enjoy this ice cream recipe on all occasions, and this recipe will bring you memories of childhood.
Persian Saffron Ice Cream
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron dissolved in warm water
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup rose water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salep dried root of orchid
- 1/2 cup dry roasted pistachios roughly chopped
- Cover a bowl with wax paper and spread the cream on the wax paper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Add the milk in a saucepan, apply medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- When it comes to a boil, remove saucepan from heat slowly stir in the saffron water, rose water and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Mix sugar and Salep in a separate bowl, and stir it in the milk mixture.
- Whisk ingredients thoroughly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Cover bowl and place it in the fridge, freeze for about 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge and place it on top of a larger bowl with ice bath.
- Whisk ingredients for about 20 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Transfer ice cream mixture in an airtight container, freeze for 3 hours. Shred the frozen ice cream, portion into individual serving bowls and top off with pistachios.
- Before serving, sprinkle the shredded cream and pistachios over it.
- Bastani Saffron Ice Cream can be served plain or with wafers.
Sugar: 22gCalories: 220kcalFat: 11gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 27g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!