Pasta Stew (Mbakbak) makes a wonderful winter dish because it contains starches, proteins, and other important nutrients. Here’s how to make meatloaf mabakbak at home.
Pasta Stew (Mbakbak)
Mbakbka one of the famous foods in Libya, which many prepare especially singles, in winter. This recipe is quick to prepare and has many nutritional benefits.
- 1 lb of penne pasta or snails.
- 1 lb of lamb or beef meat cut into very small cubes (or shredded chicken breasts, or minced meat)
- 2 medium size potatoes peeled and cut into cubes.
- 1 Large onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic mashed
- 1 Teaspoon of hot red pepper to taste
- 6 cups of water
- 1 ½ cup fresh and filtered tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon of mixed spices
- 1 pinch of salt and 1 pinch of black pepper.
- On medium heat, heat the oil and butter together, then add the meat, salt and black pepper, and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, and stir with the meat until it wilts, then add the garlic and stir
- Add the tomato juice, ginger, curry, spices and sauce, and stir very well.
- Add the water, leave it until the meat is cooked, then add the potatoes, pasta, salt and black pepper, and stir well.
- Cover the pot, and leave it on a low heat until the pasta and potatoes are tender.
- Put the pasta stew or Mbakbka in a serving dish, and garnish with parsley leaves
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
Calories: 266kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 8gFat: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment