The Palestinian cuisine is one of the kitchens full of special foods and sweets as well, and from the city of Nablus in particular, we chose for you the method of making delicious Nabulsi Tamrieyh in an accurate and successful way.
Nabusli Tamrieyh is one of the most popular dessert recipes that are made in Palestine on special occasions, like the birth of Prophet Mohamed. This recipe is super delicious and worth trying.
- 3/4 cup of Flour
- 1/4 cup of water more or less, as needed
- 1 pinch of salt
- To prepare the filling semolina halawa:
- 1/2 cup of coarse semolina
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- two cups of water
- Powdered sugar for decorating - as needed
- To prepare the dough: In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, add the flour and salt.
- Gradually add the water while kneading constantly to get a soft, non-sticky dough.
- Continue kneading for 5 minutes using the stand mixer.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Place the dough portions in a lightly oiled bowl.
- Cover the bowl and leave it to rest for about 5 hours to an overnight.
- To prepare the filling: In a saucepan on the stove, put sugar, water and semolina.
- Stir the ingredients over a medium heat until boiling.
- Let the mixture a little while continuing to stir to get a thick mixture.
- Pour the halwa into a rectangular tray (size 7 * 11) and leave it to cool, then cover it with transparent nylon and put it in the refrigerator.
- Remove the halwa from the refrigerator and cut it into 8 equal pieces.
- On a lightly greased surface, roll out each dough piece into a thin square as possible.
- Put a piece of halwa in the center of each dough portions
- Take a corner of the dough and place it on top of the filling.
- Repeat the same process with the rest of the corners until all sides of the dough cover the filling; and you get a square shape (do not tighten the dough too much on the filling).
- Press lightly and carefully with the palm of your hand on the rectangle to make it a little thin.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- In a saucepan, heat enough oil.
- Put the dough pieces in the heavy oil and fry them until they become golden and crispy.
- Remove the tamrieyh from the oil and drain them on paper towels.
- When serving, sprinkle icing sugar on each date and serve immediately while hot.
- Enjoy your Tamriey!
Sugar: 6gFiber: 1gCalories: 300kcalFat: 6gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!