Fava beans are very beneficial for the stomach and for the digestion process, as they contain antioxidants. This dish makes great mashed fava beans with sausage recipe in Ramadan.
Foul meddammess with sausage
Fava beans are known for their great nutritious flavour, so we can find it present in many dishes and meals in the Arab world and especially in the Middle Eastern Kitchen. And the fava beans contain a large percentage of fibres.
- 2 Cups of fava beans, mashed
- 1/2 Pound of sausage, cut into circles
- 2 Tablespoons of finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1 Cup of tomato juice
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Pinch of cumin
- 1 Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 Grain of tomato, cut into small portions
- 1/2 Cup of finely chopped parsley, fresh
- Place the oil in a frying pan, then add the onion and chopped garlic and saute for a few minutes
- Place the chopped sausage until they are completely cooked
- Add the tomato juice or tomato sauce and sauté for about 3 minutes
- Place the fava beans on the previous mixture and stir very well
- Add in the salt, the pepper, the cumin, and the tomato pieces; then stir very well; cover the pan and cook for two minutes
- Garnish with parsley
- Serve the bean dish with a pinch of parsley
- You can serve with mashed potatoes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!