With the Maouled around the corner, there are different recipes that various countries prepare, whether of desserts or savory dishes. And this Tamina (Toasted Semolina with honey) recipe makes a perfect example of recipes we can make on Mouled.
Tamina (Toasted semolina with honey)
This is the tradition, the Tamina for blessed mawlid nabawi charif, as my mother used to do for us. Anyway, it wasn't just the good smell, I made them a nice decoration too, you will love this recipe for sure.
- 1 lb of medium semolina previously toasted in a pan
- 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water
- 1/2 lb of dried fruit optional
- 1 cup of blanched almonds
- 1 Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 lb of honey
- 2 1/2 cups of butter
- Toast the semolina over a low heat in a large wok or a heavy non-stick frying pan while stirring with a wooden spoon, until
- give it a nice golden hue for about 20 min.
- Melt the butter and honey in a saucepan over low heat, add the orange blossom water
- Pour the semolina on the liquid in rain while stirring.
- Leave on low heat for a few minutes while stirring.
- Pour into small plates, decorate with cinnamon, almonds
- Serve and enjoy your dessert!
Calories: 366kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 6gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!