A sensational and authentic dish from the Middle Easter countries, this Sayadieh Fish by Mahwish recipe; brings the taste of the Middle East right to your dish.
Sayadieh Fish by Mahwish
Packed with nutrients; this recipe will make a great addition to your favourite side dishes; Fattah and kebbah.
- 1 pound of Basmati Rice
- 1 pound of white Fish filet, you can use grouper or red snapper
- 120 ml of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt to taste
- 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 to 3 piece medium onions, finely Diced
- 1.5 ml of chicken broth
- 1 cup of pine Nuts, toasted
- 1 cup sliced toasted Almonds
- 1 teaspoon of chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced fried onions
- 4 piece Crispy, sliced shallots
- In a thick large bottom pot; sauté the onions into the olive oil until is very well caramelized
- Add in the fish fillets together with the cumin and the cinnamon; then add in the salt and the pepper and sauté for about 10 minutes
- Remove the fish from the pan and reserve it warm
- Add the rice and Fry it until the spice mixture and the oil are very well coated
- Add in the chicken broth and cover until the rice is perfectly cooked
- Add in the fish fillets again to the rice and cover until your ingredients are cooked
- Spoon the rice into a serving dish and layer the fish right over the top
- Garnish your Sayadieh with the crispy fried onions and crispy fried shallots
- Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and the almonds; then serve your dish hot!
Nutrition Information Calories: 202| Fat: 22.5g | Carbohydrates: 58g | Fiber: 4 g |Protein: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!