This Middle Eastern Lamb Stew recipe is very simple, it doesn’t need so much knowledge for you to make it. So, if you are a junior cook, you don’t have to worry, you will be able to make it from the first time.
Middle Eastern Lamb Stew
What is better than a hearty lamb stew that is loaded with a pack of healthy ingredients. If you are looking for a nutritious recipe, you won't find better than this recipe to make and enjoy.
- 4 strips of about 4 oz of bacon chopped into strips of 1/4" each
- 2 lbs of boneless leg of lamb or of lamb shoulder trimmed of any excess of fat and cut into pieces of about 1 1/2"
- 1/2 Tbsp of sea salt for the lamb plus 1 additional tsp for the stew
- 1 tsp of black pepper for the lamb plus 1/2 tsp for the stew
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour or of gluten-free flour*
- 1 large diced yellow onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lb of thickly sliced button mushrooms
- 4 cups of low sodium beef broth or of stock
- 1 Tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 to 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of small halved yellow potatoes
- 4 medium peeled and cut into pieces of 1/2" each carrots
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped parsley for garnishing
- In a Dutch oven of about 5Qt, sauté the chopped bacon over medium high heat until the bacon gets brown, and the fat is completely released.
- With the help of a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a large platter
- While the bacon still cooks, season the lamb pieces with about 1/2 Tbsp of salt and about 1 tsp of pepper. Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup of flour and toss very well to coat. Cook the lamb into 2 batches into hot bacon grease over a medium heat until everything is browned (for about 3 to 4 min per side) then transfer to the plate with the bacon.
- Add the diced onion and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for about another additional minute, stirring constantly.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms; then bring to a simmer, then cook uncovered for about 10 min.
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of about 325˚F.
- Return the bacon and the lamb to the pot and add in 4 cups of broth, about 1 Tbsp of tomato paste, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of pepper, 1/2 tsp of dried thyme and about 2 bay leaves.
- Stir in the potatoes and the carrots, making sure that the potatoes are mostly submerged into the liquid.
- Bring your ingredients to a boil; then cover and transfer to your preheated oven at a temperature of about 325˚F for about 1 hr and about 45 min.
- When you are done, serve and enjoy your lamb stew!
- You can serve with cooked rice and enjoy your delicious dish
Calories: 480kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 28gFat: 27gSodium: 1276mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment