One of the most important dishes of Syria is called Greek Yogurt Cheese Balls or rolled baked milk balls. It is usually prepared by getting rid of the butter or water in the yoghurt by placing it in a cloth bag and forming the remaining dough in the form of balls and immersed in olive oil. The Levant is famous for its preparation, especially Syria and Lebanon, and here is the method
Greek Yogurt Cheese Balls
- 2 Cups Labneh or Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh herbs finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest Salt to taste Freshly ground black-pepper to taste
- Line a large strainer with cheesecloth and put over a deep bowl. Put all of the yogurt in the cloth.
- Close the cheese cloth by closing its edges and place in a refrigerator for two days.
- Now tenderly squeeze excessive liquid and the result will be soft cheese. Make small balls out of this cheese and keep in glass jar.
- Take a medium bowl. Put in olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Whisk well.
- Now pour this dressing into glass jar and marinate for eight hours. This will taste delicious up to 2 weeks.
Calories: 267kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 22gFat: 19g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment