If you want to try a delicious authentic Mediterranean dish; there is nothing better than a Meatball with bulgur Bowl with meatballs packed with fibres; nutrients and vitamins.
Meatball with bulgur
So, if you are looking for a recipe that will bring the taste of the Mediterranean to you; then this recipe is the one you are looking for.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped, fresh parsley
- 4 piece scallions, finally chopped
- 1/2 cup bulgur (uncooked)
- 1 piece large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup Greek olive oil
- 4 piece garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- Add the meat, the 2 tablespoons of the parsley, the scallions, the bulgur, the egg, and the 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add in the 2 cloves of the minced garlic, the cumin, the salt, and the pepper to a large bowl and stir with a large wooden spoon until the mixture is very well combined.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 to 4 hours to let the flavors set
- Remove the bowl with the ingredients from the refrigerator and shape into meat balls of about 1 to 2 inches of thickness of the same size
- Arrange the meatballs over a plate; then cover with a plastic wrap and put into the refrigerator
- Add the remaining quantity of olive oil to a large deep skillet and set the heat to medium high
- Sauté the onions for about 4 to 5 minutes; then add in the rest of the garlic and sauté for 1 additional minute
- Pour in the wine and cook for an additional minute; then stir in the tomatoes with the juices together with the cinnamon stick and the water; then stir in the tomatoes with the juices and the cinnamon stick
- Pour in the water and bring your mixture to a boil; then let simmer for about twenty minutes
- Sprinkle with parsley; then serve and enjoy your dish!
Nutrition Information Calories: 311 | Fat: 7 g | Carbohydrates 52g | Fiber: 2.5 g |Protein: 14 g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!