Creamy Delicious Greek Yogurt Cheese Balls is known as one of the best Syrian breakfast recipes that people are addicted to.
Greek Yogurt Cheese Balls
The method of preparing this recipe is very simple and doesn't need any sophisticated ingredients.
- 2 Cups Labneh or Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh herbs finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest Salt to taste Freshly ground black-pepper to taste
- Line a large strainer with cheesecloth and put over a deep bowl. Put all the yogurt in the cloth.
- Close the cheese cloth by closing its edges and place in a refrigerator for two days.
- Now tenderly squeeze excess of liquid; and the result will be soft cheese. Make small balls out of this cheese and keep in a glass jar.
- Take a medium bowl. Put in olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Whisk well.
- Now pour this dressing into a glass jar and marinate for eight hours. This will taste delicious up to 2 weeks.
Sodium: 158mgCalcium: 80mgCalories: 106kcalFat: 5.7gProtein: 10gCarbohydrates: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!