Palestinian Ka’ak (Sesame Bread) are rings of baked dough covered with sesame, and it is very similar to Ramadan bread that is sold in the markets of Damascus and Lebanon, and This bread can be easily prepared at home with this recipe.
Palestinian Ka'ak (Sesame Bread)
Palestinian Sesame bread are a kind of Palestinian sweet pastries that are sold in the markets of Nablus, and are widely spread during the month of Ramadan.
- 4 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Half a cup of corn oil
- 2 1/2 cups of sesame
- Water as needed
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in a little warm water and leave it until bubbles appear
- Put the flour in a bowl, add salt, yeast, oil and knead
- Gradually add water while kneading until we get a cohesive dough
- Cut it into balls, sprinkle with flour, cover and let it ferment for two hours in a warm place
- After the dough rises, take each ball separately and make a hole in the center of each ball with a finger and stretch it to become in the form of rings.
- Roll the dough rings over the sesame seeds and put them in an oven tray and bake them at 200 ° C/400°F for about 20 minutes until they are golden and golden
- Serve and enjoy your sesame bread!
Sugar: 4.3gFiber: 4gCalories: 250kcalFat: 4gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment